Local Green Fees Trust Centre
Last updated: Sunday, April 5, 2020
The information may or may not be accurate. Golf courses change their prices all the time and only by the contribution of our community does the pricing stay up to date. Always call a golf course to confirm the information you see using our Services. Local Green Fees is not liable in any way for any damages, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content.
You will not contribute offensive or inaccurate content.
You cannot copy, scrape, or otherwise port the content found on this site.
"User" or "You" or "Your" refers to you, as a user of the Services. A User is someone who accesses or uses the Services for the purpose of sharing, displaying, hosting, publishing, transacting, or uploading information or views or pictures and includes other persons jointly participating in using the Services including, without limitation, a user having access to a "Claim Your Golf Course Listing" page to manage claimed golf course listings or otherwise.
"Content" will include (but is not limited to) reviews, images, photos, audio, video, location data, nearby places, and all other forms of information or data. "Your Content" or "User Content" means content that you upload, share or transmit to, through or in connection with the Services, such as likes, ratings, reviews, images, photos, messages, profile information, and any other materials that you publicly display or have displayed in your account profile. "Third-Party Content" means content that comes from parties other than Local Green Fees or its users and is accessible on the Services. "Local Green Fees Content" means content that Local Green Fees creates and make available in connection with the Services including, but not limited to, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, aggregate ratings, reports and other usage-related data in connection with activities associated with your account and all other elements and components of the Services excluding Your Content and Third-Party Content.
II. Acceptance of these Terms
These Terms are effective for all existing and future Local Green Fees users, including but without limitation to users having access to a "Claim Your Golf Course Listing" page to manage their claimed business listings.
Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing or using the Local Green Fees Platform, you are agreeing to these Terms and concluding a legally binding contract (the "Agreement") with Intoria Inc. ("Company", "we", "our", or "us") and/or its affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Local Green Fees"). You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms or are unable to be bound by the Terms. Your use of the Local Green Fees Platform is at your own risk, including the risk that you may be exposed to content that is objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
In order to use the Services, you must first agree to the Terms. You can accept the Terms by:
- Clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where it is made available to you by Local Green Fees in the user interface for any particular Service; or
- Actually using the Services. In this case, you understand and agree that Local Green Fees will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
III. Eligibility to Use the Services
- You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or above and are fully able and competent to understand and agree to the Terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms.
- Compliance with Laws. You are in compliance with all laws and regulations in the country in which you live when you access and use the Services. You agree to use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and applicable laws, and in a manner that does not violate our legal rights or those of any third party(ies).
IV. Changes to the Terms
Local Green Fees may vary or amend or change or update these Terms, from time to time entirely at its own discretion. You shall be responsible for checking these Terms from time to time and ensuring your continued compliance with these Terms. Your use of Local Green Fees Platform after any such amendment or change in the Terms shall be deemed as your express acceptance to such amended/changed Terms and you also agree to be bound by such changed/amended Terms.
V. Translation of the Terms
Local Green Fees may provide a translation of the English version of the Terms into other languages. You understand and agree that any translation of the Terms into other languages is only for your convenience and that the English version shall govern the Terms of your relationship with Local Green Fees. Furthermore, if there are any inconsistencies between the English version of the Terms and its translated version, the English version of the Terms shall prevail over others.
VI. Provision of the Services Being Offered by Local Green Fees
- Local Green Fees is constantly evolving in order to provide the best possible experience and information to its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which Local Green Fees provides, may require effecting certain changes in it, therefore, Local Green Fees reserves the right to suspend/cancel, or discontinue any or all products or services at any time without notice, make modifications and alterations in any or all of its contents, products and services contained on the site without any prior notice.
- We, the software, or the software application store that makes the software available for download may include functionality to automatically check for updates or upgrades to the software. Unless your device, its settings, or computer software does not permit transmission or use of upgrades or updates, you agree that we, or the applicable software or software application store, may provide notice to you of the availability of such upgrades or updates and automatically push such upgrade or update to your device or computer from time-to-time. You may be required to install certain upgrades or updates to the software in order to continue to access or use the Services, or portions thereof (including upgrades or updates designed to correct issues with the Services). Any updates or upgrades provided to you by us under the Terms shall be considered part of the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that if Local Green Fees disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content, which is contained in your account.
- You acknowledge and agree that while Local Green Fees may not currently have set a fixed upper limit on the number of transmissions you may send or receive through the Services, Local Green Fees may set such a fixed upper limit at any time, at Local Green Fees' discretion.
- By using Local Green Fees' Services you agree to the following disclaimers:
- The Content on these Services is for informational purposes only. Local Green Fees disclaims any liability for any information that may have become outdated since the last time the particular piece of information was updated. Local Green Fees reserves the right to make changes and corrections to any part of the Content on these Services at any time without prior notice. Local Green Fees does not guarantee the accuracy of the prices listed in our Services or the availability to participate at any golf course listed. Unless stated otherwise, all pictures and information contained on these Services are believed to be owned by or licensed to Local Green Fees. Please email a takedown request (by using the "Contact Us" link in the footer) to the webmaster if you are the copyright owner of any Content on these Services and you think the use of the above material violates your copyright in any way. Please indicate the exact URL of the webpage in your request. All images shown here have been digitized by Local Green Fees. No other party is authorized to reproduce or republish these digital versions in any format whatsoever without the prior written permission of Local Green Fees.
- Any certification, licenses or permits ("Certification") or information in regard to such Certification that may be displayed on the golf course's listing page on the Platform is for informational purposes only. Such Certification is displayed by Local Green Fees on an 'as available' basis that is provided to Local Green Fees by the golf course partner(s) or by publicly available information. Local Green Fees does not make any warranties about the validity, authenticity, reliability and accuracy of such Certification or any information displayed in this regard. Any reliance by a user upon the Certification or information thereto shall be strictly at such user's own risk and Local Green Fees in no manner shall assume any liability whatsoever for any losses or damages in connection with the use of this information or for any inaccuracy, invalidity or discrepancy in the Certification or non-compliance of any applicable local laws or regulations by the golf course partner.
VII. Use of Services by You or User
1. Local Green Fees User Account Including "Claim Your Golf Course Listing" Access
- You may also be able to register to use the Services by logging into your account with your credentials from certain third-party sites (e.g., Facebook, Google, or Apple). You confirm that you are the owner of any such third-party account and that you are entitled to disclose your login information to us. You authorize us to collect your authentication information, and other information that may be available on or through your social media account consistent with your applicable settings and instructions.
- In creating an account and/or claiming your golf course's listing, you represent to us that all information provided to us in such process is true, accurate and correct, and that you will update your information as and when necessary in order to keep it accurate. If you are creating an account or claiming a golf course listing, then you represent to us that you are the owner or authorized agent of such golf course. You may not impersonate someone else, create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, create multiple accounts or business listings except as otherwise authorized by us, or provide or use false information to obtain access to a golf course's listing on the Services that you are not legally entitled to claim. You acknowledge that any false claiming of a golf course listing may cause Local Green Fees or third parties to incur substantial economic damages and losses for which you may be held liable, responsible, and accountable.
- You are also responsible for all activities that occur in your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account in order to enable us to take necessary corrective action. You also agree that you will not allow any third party to use your Local Green Fees account for any purpose and that you will be liable for such unauthorized access.
2. Others Terms
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
- You agree to use the data owned by Local Green Fees (as available on the Services or through any other means like API etc.) only for personal use/purposes and not for any commercial use (other than in accordance with "Claim Your Golf Course Listing" access) unless agreed to by/with Local Green Fees in writing.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than the interface that is provided by Local Green Fees, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so, by way of a separate agreement with Local Green Fees. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set out in any robots.txt file present on the Services.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services). You shall not delete or revise any material or information posted by any other User(s), shall not engage in spamming, including but not limited to any form of emailing, posting or messaging that is unsolicited.
1. Ownership of Local Green Fees Content and Proprietary Rights
- Intoria Inc. is the sole and exclusive copyright owners of the Services and our Content. We also exclusively own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (the "IP Rights") associated with the Services and Local Green Fees Content, which may be protected by copyright, patent, trademark and other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. You acknowledge that the Services contain original works and have been developed, compiled, prepared, revised, selected, and arranged by us and others through the application of methods and standards of judgment developed and applied through the expenditure of substantial time, effort, and money and constitutes valuable intellectual property of us and such others. You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated as confidential by Local Green Fees and that you shall not disclose such information without Local Green Fees' prior written consent.
- You agree to protect Local Green Fees' proprietary rights and the proprietary rights of all others having rights in the Services during and after the term of this Agreement and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by us or our suppliers and licensors of content or otherwise to protect their and others' contractual, statutory, and common law rights in the Services. You acknowledge and agree that Local Green Fees (or Local Green Fees' licensors) own all legal rights, title and interest in and to the Services, including any IP rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated as confidential by Local Green Fees and that you shall not disclose such information without Local Green Fees' prior written consent. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Local Green Fees, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of Local Green Fees' trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
- You agree not to use any framing techniques to enclose any trademark or logo or other proprietary information of Local Green Fees; or remove, conceal or obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice or source identifier, including without limitation, the size, colour, location or style of any proprietary mark(s). Any infringement shall lead to appropriate legal proceedings against you at an appropriate forum for seeking all available/possible remedies under applicable laws of the country of violation. You cannot modify, reproduce, publicly display or exploit in any form or manner whatsoever any of the Local Green Fees' Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by Local Green Fees.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Services will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us. You agree to immediately notify us upon becoming aware of any claim that the Services infringe upon any copyright trademark, or other contractual, intellectual, statutory, or common law rights by following the instructions contained below in section XV.
2. Your License to Local Green Fees Content
- We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and use the Services only as expressly permitted in these Terms. You shall not use the Services for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. You may use information made available through the Services solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, broadcast, translate, reproduce, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, sell, promote, create derivative works, or in any way exploit or allow others to exploit any of Local Green Fees Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as otherwise expressly granted to you in writing, we do not grant you any other express or implied right or license to the Services, Local Green Fees Content or our IP Rights.
- Any violation by you of the license provisions contained in this Section may result in the immediate termination of your right to use the Services, as well as potential liability for copyright and any other IP rights infringement depending on the circumstances.
3. Local Green Fees License to Your or User Content
By submitting Your Content you hereby irrevocably grant Local Green Fees a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable and transferable license and right to use Your Content (including content shared by any business user having access to a 'golf course business page' to manage claimed business listings or otherwise) and all IP Rights therein for any purpose including API partnerships with third parties and in any media existing now or in future. By "use" we mean use, copy, display, distribute, modify, translate, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, analyze, promote, commercialize, create derivative works, and in the case of third-party services, allow their users and others to do the same. You grant us the right to use the name or username that you submit in connection with Your Content. You irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content brought against Local Green Fees or its Users, any third-party services and their users.
4. Representations Regarding Your or User Content
- If Your Content is a review, you represent and warrant that you are the sole author of that review; the review reflects an actual golfing experience that you had; you were not paid or otherwise remunerated in connection with your authoring or posting of the review; and you had no financial, competitive, or other personal incentive to author or post a review that was not a fair expression of your honest opinion.
- You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone's reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. While we reserve the right to remove Content, we do not control actions or Content posted by our users and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content. You acknowledge and agree that Content posted by users and any and all liability arising from such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posted the content, and not Local Green Fees.
5. Content Removal
We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove, block, or disable access to any Content that we, for any reason or no reason, consider to be objectionable, in violation of the Terms or otherwise harmful to the Services or our users in our sole discretion. Subject to the requirements of applicable law, we are not obligated to return any of Your Content to you under any circumstances. Further, the golf course reserves the right to delete any images and pictures forming part of User Content, from such golf course's listing page at its sole discretion.
6. Third-Party Content and Links
- We have no control over, and make no representation or endorsement regarding the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, completeness, timeliness or quality of any product, services, advertisements and other content appearing in or linked to from the Services. We do not screen or investigate third-party material before or after including it on our Services.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in, any portion of the content accessible on the Services. Where appropriate, we may in our sole discretion and without any obligation, verify any updates, modifications, or changes to any content accessible on the Services, but shall not be liable for any delay or inaccuracies related to such updates. You acknowledge and agree that Local Green Fees is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
- Third-Party Content, including content posted by our users, does not reflect our views or that of our parent, subsidiary, affiliate companies, branches, employees, officers, directors, or shareholders. In addition, none of the content available through the Services is endorsed or certified by the providers or licensors of such third-party content. We assume no responsibility or liability for any of Your Content or any third-party content.
- You further acknowledge and agree that Local Green Fees is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we expressly disclaim any liability for any offensive, defamatory, illegal, invasive, unfair, or infringing content provided by third parties.
7. User Reviews
- User reviews or ratings for golf courses do not reflect the opinion of Local Green Fees. Local Green Fees receives multiple reviews or ratings for golf courses by users, which reflect the opinions of the users. It is pertinent to state that each and every review posted on Local Green Fees is the personal opinion of the user/reviewer only. Local Green Fees is a neutral platform, which solely provides a means of communication between users/reviewers including users or golf course owners/representatives with access to a golf course business page. The advertisements published on the Local Green Fees Platform are independent of the reviews received by such advertisers.
- We are a neutral platform and we don't arbitrate disputes, however if someone writes a review that the golf course does not consider true, the best option for the golf course representative would be to contact the reviewer or post a public response in order to clear up any misunderstandings. If the golf course believes that any particular user's review violates any of the Local Green Fees' policies, the golf course may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and bring such violation to our attention. Local Green Fees may remove the review in its sole discretion if such review is in violation of the Terms, or content guidelines and policies or otherwise harmful to the Services
IX. Content Guidelines and Golfer Code of Conduct
While we welcome your opinions and descriptions of your golfing experiences, there are a few things we expect from every user on Local Green Fees. Your reviews and photos, as well as your profile and the comments you share, are all subject to Content Guidelines, our Code of Conduct.
If your activity on Local Green Fees doesn't match up to these Content Guidelines, we reserve the right to take action we deem necessary. This could include altering or deleting your reviews or comments, or deleting your Local Green Fees account altogether, with or without notice. Local Green Fees utilizes an algorithm to aid in removing suspicious reviews. If you feel your review was deleted in error, email us at email@example.com.
Golfer Code of Conduct
- Keep out the clutter: To make sure we collectively work towards building the highest-quality content that's useful to everyone, reviews need to be a minimum of 140 characters long for golf course reviews. However, if any review is filled with junk, we might have to remove the review altogether.
- Keep it relevant: Please keep your contributions relevant to Local Green Fees. Accounts placing irrelevant, inappropriate, or promotional content, that solicit customers, or that spam golf courses, or are based on any already disclaimed or informed policies and practices of a golf course may be deleted without notice. If your review has been removed or moderated by us and if you repost another experience for the same golf course, we reserve the right to remove that review too, even though such review might be in line with our content guidelines.
- Keep it clean: Whether you're writing a small snippet or a delightfully detailed account of your experience on the links, keep foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness out of it. We, just like you, hate junk and will delete it whenever we see it. This also includes (but is not limited to) derogatory comments on someone's protected characteristics (e.g. race, gender, religion) or indication of a personal vendetta against a business and its associates.
- Keep it fresh: Only one review per golf course, please. You're free to edit and update your review based on subsequent visits at any time. Reviews about old experiences (more than 18 months old) may also be deleted from our platform.
- Keep it real: Write your review based on facts and your own experiences (e.g. not a friend's or any hearsay experience or based on media reports). Please don't exaggerate or falsify your experience. We do not take sides in cases of dispute, so make sure you can stand by your word. Content that indicates the reviewer hasn't even visited or availed any services from the golf course will be removed. For example, "Have never heard a good thing about the quality of this course. Don't plan on ever going." Deceptive, fake, or misleading reviews will be removed. Reviewing a bunch of golf courses in quick succession is considered suspicious activity, and it's likely these reviews will be moderated. Accepting or soliciting a kickback – monetary or otherwise – in exchange for reviews or photographs is also not acceptable, and could result in removal of your profile.
- Don't solicit: Identifying or promoting yourself as an official Local Green Fees blogger, or using your status to solicit any kind of benefits (including but not limited to accepting money, free green fees, or clubhouse benefits) in exchange for promotion, or at the threat of negative reviews on Local Green Fees, will not be tolerated. If reports or evidence of such instances are brought to our attention, we reserve the right to delete your Local Green Fees profile or take any other action that we may deem fit, no questions asked. Acts that constitute as 'Solicitation' include:
- Explicit/Implied agreement (written or verbal) to write reviews in exchange for money, a free or discounted golf rate, etc.
- Being a part of social media groups (e.g. WhatsApp/Facebook or any other social media platform) which offer incentives in exchange for reviews.
- Don't steal: Plagiarism is something we take seriously. Copying others' reviews or photos from Local Green Fees or other platforms, or even re-posting your own in multiple places on Local Green Fees (in full or in part), is something that will not be tolerated and may be removed/ moderated. We trust that you'll play fair and create your own content.
- Be yourself: Your profile is your identity on Local Green Fees, so keep it real. You're welcome to use a screen name (ScratchGolfer, maybe?), but please refrain from using inappropriate names, bios, or profile images. We want to stay clean, and we may end up removing your account if we deem it inappropriate.
- Don't misrepresent: Identifying or promoting yourself as an official Local Green Fees blogger, or using your status to solicit benefits in exchange for promotion or at the threat of negative reviews on Local Green Fees will not be tolerated. If reports or evidence of such instances are brought to our attention, we reserve the right to delete your Local Green Fees profile, no questions asked.
- Don't be a bully: We take allegations of blackmail or threatening behaviour against golf courses and its associates very seriously. This activity is strictly against our guidelines and may also be illegal in many locations. Reviews submitted in an attempt to blackmail a golf course and its associates will be deleted.
- Play by the rules: The content you add should be in compliance with Local Green Fees' Terms and Conditions, as well as the prevailing local laws and regulations. Local laws take precedence, and content may be moderated or deleted to adhere to such laws.
- Seek help from the right people: Local Green Fees is a website and mobile application with no claims to be a court of law. If you have a dispute with a golf course, or if you feel a golf course does not measure up to safety standards, we encourage you to contact the appropriate authorities directly. Local Green Fees is not the appropriate platform for reporting illegal activities, physical confrontations, safety violations, or anything under investigation by local governing bodies or law-enforcement personnel. We encourage that such accusations be reported to the concerned authorities rather than being mentioned in reviews.
The following is a list of our photo guidelines; it is important to understand why some photos may be moved or removed once they've been uploaded.
Violation of the below mentioned pointers may lead to deduction of profile points, reduced visibility or deletion of your pictures.
- Photos that are exact duplicates of other photos, multiple shots of the same golf course hole or the same ambiance or taken from a different angle.
- Plagiarized photos.
- Photos of others posted without their permission.
- Photos that contain promotional content.
- Photos that contain subjects, such as people in them.
- Photos that are blurry or unclear.
- Photos that contain text or are not related to a golf experience.
- Photos of unsafe sporting practices.
- Inappropriate images of any kind.
- Photos containing watermarks or write-ups of any kind.
- Photos containing and focussing on subjects other than golf courses.
Guidelines for Golf Courses
Local Green Fees is a great way for golf courses to reach out to a vast golfing community. A few things you should keep in mind:
- Keep your listing updated: While our team makes every effort to keep information on Local Green Fees up to date, we appreciate you letting us know when an update is required. If your pricing changes and your listing is not updated, customers with certain expectations won't be too happy with you (or Local Green Fees).
- Don't solicit reviews: The best way to get reviews is to delight customers with your golf course and service. Selective solicitation is a strict NO and offering any type of compensation or kick-back for reviews is unfair, so you definitely want to keep away from that, too.
- Don't ever offer freebies, discounts, or payment in exchange for reviews.
- Don't offer incentives for users to remove reviews.
- Don't ask your staff to compete with each other to collect reviews.
- Don't work with companies or third-party vendors/PR agencies offering to "fix your reviews/ratings".
- The golf courses that do best on Local Green Fees are the ones that provide a great customer experience to everyone who golfs without any expectation or encouragement that they write a positive review.
- If we do come across any evidence (direct/indirect) of you indulging in solicitation, we may activate a disclaimer on your golf course's page, informing the Local Green Fees community that your reviews are suspicious.
- Respond to criticism positively: Take two deep breaths when you get a negative review. Three, if required. This happens to all golf courses who have customers. Whether you agree with the feedback or not, take the criticism in good stride. You can reply with a management response to show you care, but please don't use this as a platform to hit back or offer the customer an incentive to edit their review. Your response can't be edited after posting, so choose your words well.
- Be accountable: Local Green Fees will not moderate any content about your golf course posted in reviews. Local Green Fees may also not moderate or delete any reviews where any third-party service provider is involved. Such a review may be retained if it falls within our guidelines. Stating the perceived attitude of owners or employees and reporting of individual actions are not considered personal attacks.
- Don't entertain: Fulfilling the demands of customers who ask for benefits at the threat of bad reviews or ratings, sends a message that this behaviour is tolerated. Similarly, inviting users who have reviewed and given a low rating back to the golf course for a complimentary green fee, invites false negative reviews. These issues affect the entire community and require everyone's participation to curb their prevalence. Please report users who engage in such activities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In a concerted effort to maintain the neutrality of content on Local Green Fees, golf course owners, employees, and any affiliates with business interests, are not permitted to write reviews on Local Green Fees. We understand that being in the golf course industry, you are truly passionate about the sport, and would love to share your experiences. But when you're unavoidably invested in your business, it becomes hard to leave emotions (and bias) at the door. This is a step towards maintaining neutrality - and quality - of the content on Local Green Fees.
It's also important to note that we have no employees or affiliates who are paid to review. If any guest identifies themselves as an official blogger, review employee, or associate of Local Green Fees, it's not true. Employees of Local Green Fees are contractually and ethically forbidden from using their status to solicit free green fees or receive special treatment.
Local Green Fees Employee Code of Ethics
Employees of Local Green Fees are expected to adhere to and uphold the highest standard of ethics and integrity. This includes acting in accordance with our core values and these listed policies at all times.
Local Green Fees employees are prohibited from using their employee status to solicit discounts, freebies, or special treatment at golf courses. Unless visiting a golf course for official business, Local Green Fees employees are to refrain from identifying themselves as employees of Local Green Fees.
Local Green Fees' review and photo moderators are required to always act in favour of keeping Local Green Fees a neutral platform. They are required to use their best judgement in implementing moderation guidelines and are prohibited from giving preferential treatment to golf courses. Deleting any authentic review from a golf course page is in violation of our policies. Similarly, keeping reviews, which are proven to be unauthentic, is in violation of our policies.
Please email email@example.com if you witness any behaviour not in compliance with this code as it is in direct violation of employee contracts.
X. Restrictions on Use
- Without limiting the generality of these Terms, in using the Services, you specifically agree not to post or transmit any content (including review) or engage in any activity that, in our sole discretion:
- Violates our Guidelines and Polices;
- Is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, indecent, defamatory, discriminatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libelous, hateful or otherwise objectionable, invasive of another's privacy, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling;
- Constitutes an inauthentic or knowingly erroneous review, or does not address the goods and services, atmosphere, or other attributes of the golf course you are reviewing.
- Contains material that violates the standards of good taste or the standards of the Services;
- Violates any third-party right, including, but not limited to, right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Accuses others of illegal activity, or describes physical confrontations;
- Alleges any matter related to safety violations requiring government or bylaw reporting;
- Is illegal, or violates any federal, state, or local law or regulation (for example, by disclosing or trading on inside information in violation of securities law);
- Attempts to impersonate another person or entity;
- Constitutes a form of deceptive advertisement or causes, or is a result of, a conflict of interest;
- Is commercial in nature, including but not limited to spam, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, postings or reviews submitted or removed in exchange for payment, postings or reviews submitted or removed by or at the request of the business being reviewed, or other advertising materials;
- Asserts or implies that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Local Green Fees;
- Falsely states, misrepresents, or conceals your affiliation with another person or entity;
- Accesses or uses the account of another user without permission;
- Distributes computer viruses or other code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or electronic communications equipment;
- Interferes with, disrupts, or destroys the functionality or use of any features of the Services or the servers or networks connected to the Services;
- "Hacks" or accesses without permission our proprietary or confidential records, records of another user, or those of anyone else;
- Violates any contract or fiduciary relationship (for example, by disclosing proprietary or confidential information of your employer or client in breach of any employment, consulting, or non-disclosure agreement);
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, disassembles or otherwise attempts to derive source code from the Services;
- Removes, circumvents, disables, damages or otherwise interferes with security-related features, or features that enforce limitations on use of, the Services;
- Violates the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Services, if any, or bypasses or circumvents other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Services;
- Collects, accesses, or stores personal information about other users of the Services;
- Is posted by a bot;
- Harms minors in any way;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of the country of use, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- Modifies, copies, scrapes or crawls, displays, publishes, licenses, sells, rents, leases, lends, transfers or otherwise commercialize any rights to the Services or Our Content; or
- Attempts to do any of the foregoing.
- You acknowledge that Local Green Fees has no obligation to monitor your – or anyone else's – access to or use of the Services for violations of the Terms, or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Services (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes), to ensure your compliance with the Terms and to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of legal process, a court, consent decree, administrative agency or other governmental body.
- You hereby agree and assure Local Green Fees that the Local Green Fees Platform/Services shall be used for lawful purposes only and that you will not violate laws, regulations, ordinances or other such requirements of any applicable Federal, State, or local government or international law(s). You shall not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam mail, chain letters or any other form of solicitation, encumber or suffer to exist any lien or security interest on the subject matter of these Terms or to make any representation or warranty on behalf of Local Green Fees in any form or manner whatsoever.
XI. User Feedback
- If you share or send any ideas, suggestions, changes or documents regarding Local Green Fees' existing business ("Feedback"), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential, secretive or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) Local Green Fees is under no obligation of confidentiality with respect to such Feedback, and shall be free to use the Feedback on an unrestricted basis, (iii) Local Green Fees may have already received similar Feedback from some other user or it may be under consideration or in development, and (iv) By providing the Feedback, you grant us a binding, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, global license to use, modify, develop, publish, distribute and sub-license the Feedback, and you irrevocably waive any claims/assertions, whatsoever of any nature, against Local Green Fees and its users with regard to such Feedback.
- Please provide only specific Feedback on Local Green Fees' existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that Local Green Fees' policy will not permit it to accept or consider.
- Notwithstanding the abovementioned clauses, Local Green Fees or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork, suggestions or other works ("Submissions") in any form to Local Green Fees or any of its employees.
- The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Local Green Fees' products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Local Green Fees. If, despite our request to not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of what your letter says, the following Terms shall apply to your Submissions:
Terms of Idea Submission
You agree that, (1) your Submissions and their Contents will automatically become the property of Local Green Fees, without any compensation to you; (2) Local Green Fees may use or redistribute the Submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way; (3) there is no obligation for Local Green Fees to review the Submission; and (4) there is no obligation to keep any Submissions confidential.
- Part of the website may contain advertising information or promotional material or other material submitted to Local Green Fees by third parties or Users. Responsibility for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Local Green Fees Platform or mobile apps complies with applicable international and national law is exclusively on the party providing the information/material. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Local Green Fees found on or through the Local Green Fees Platform and or mobile apps, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other Terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, shall be solely between you and such advertiser. Local Green Fees will not be responsible or liable for any error or omission, inaccuracy in advertising material or any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such other advertiser(s) on the Local Green Fees Platform and mobile application.
XIII. Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability, and Indemnification
1. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INTORIA INC., ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, BRANCHES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND LICENSORS ("LOCAL GREEN FEES PARTIES") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES INCLUDING MOBILE APPS AND YOUR USE OF THEM. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LOCAL GREEN FEES PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SERVICES HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE PROVIDED WITH DUE SKILL, CARE AND DILIGENCE OR ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES' CONTENT AND ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES, (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES THROUGH THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, (VI) ANY LOSS OF YOUR DATA OR CONTENT FROM THE SERVICES AND/OR (VII) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. THE LOCAL GREEN FEES PARTIES WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM LOCAL GREEN FEES OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS. UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED TO DO SO IN WRITING BY LOCAL GREEN FEES, YOU AGREE THAT IN USING THE SERVICES, YOU WILL NOT USE ANY TRADE MARK, SERVICE MARK, TRADE NAME, LOGO OF ANY COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION IN A WAY THAT IS LIKELY OR INTENDED TO CAUSE CONFUSION ABOUT THE OWNER OR AUTHORIZED USER OF SUCH MARKS, NAMES OR LOGOS.
2. Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Local Green Fees Parties from and against any third-party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with: (i) Your Content, (ii) your unauthorized use of the Services, or products or services included or advertised in the Services; (iii) your access to and use of the Services; (iv) your violation of any rights of another party; or (v) your breach of these Terms, including, but not limited to, any infringement by you of the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third-party. We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay, without your prior consent, any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter in which we are named as a defendant and/or for which you have indemnity obligations without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding we become aware of.
XIV. Termination of your Access to the Services
- You can delete your account at any time by contacting us via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page or by clicking the link at the bottom of your Profile page.
- We may terminate your use of the Services and deny you access to the Services in our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, including your: (i) violation of these Terms; or (ii) lack of use of the Services. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services may be affected without prior notice and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and/or bar any further access to your account or the Services. If you use the Services in violation of these Terms, we may, in our sole discretion, retain all data collected from your use of the Services. Further, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for the discontinuation or termination of your access to the Services.
XV. General Terms
The section and subject headings in these Terms are included for reference only and shall not be used to interpret any provisions of these Terms.
2. Entire Agreement and Waiver
If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, invalid, or unenforceable by a judicial court for any reason, then that provision shall be deemed severed from these Terms, and the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
4. Partnership or Agency
None of the provisions of these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or agency between you and Local Green Fees and you shall have no authority to bind Local Green Fees in any form or manner, whatsoever.
5. Governing Law/Waiver
- These Terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Province of Alberta, Canada as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within the Province of Alberta between Alberta residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Local Green Fees must be resolved exclusively by a provincial or federal court located in Calgary, Alberta. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Calgary, Alberta for the purpose of litigating all Claims that may arise between You and Local Green Fees.
- YOU MUST COMMENCE ANY LEGAL ACTION AGAINST US WITHIN SIX (6) MONTHS AFTER THE ALLEGED HARM INITIALLY OCCURS. FAILURE TO COMMENCE THE ACTION WITHIN THAT PERIOD SHALL FOREVER BAR ANY CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION REGARDING THE SAME FACTS OR OCCURRENCE, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS OR OTHER LAW TO THE CONTRARY. WITHIN THIS PERIOD, ANY FAILURE BY US TO ENFORCE OR EXERCISE ANY PROVISION OF THESE TERMS OR ANY RELATED RIGHT SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT RIGHT OR PROVISION.
6. Carrier Rates may Apply
By accessing the Services through a mobile or other device, you may be subject to charges by your Internet or mobile service provider, so check with them first if you are not sure, as you will be solely responsible for any such costs incurred.
7. Linking and Framing
You may not frame the Services. You may link to the Services, provided that you acknowledge and agree that you will not link the Services to any website containing any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information or that violates any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, or publicity rights. Any violation of this provision may, in our sole discretion, result in termination of your use of and access to the Services effective immediately.
XVI. Notice of Copyright Infringement and Grievance Redressal Mechanism
Local Green Fees shall not be liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the Local Green Fees Platform, or items advertised on the Local Green Fees Platform, by end users or any other third parties. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require those that use the Services to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, remove or disable access to material on the Services that infringes upon the copyright rights of others. We also may, in our discretion, remove or disable links or references to an online location that contains infringing material or infringing activity. In the event that any users of the Services repeatedly infringe on others' copyrights, we may in our sole discretion terminate those individuals' rights to use the Services. If you believe that your copyright has been or is being infringed upon by material found in the Services, you are required to follow the below procedure to file a notification:
- Identify in writing the copyrighted material that your claim has been infringed upon;
- Identify in writing the material on the Services that you allege is infringing upon copyrighted material, and provide sufficient information that reasonably identifies the location of the alleged infringing material (for example, the user name of the alleged infringer and the business listing it is posted under);
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of the content on the Services as described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law";
- Include the following statement: "I swear under penalty of perjury that the information in my notice is accurate and I am the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf";
- Provide your contact information including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available);
- Provide your physical or electronic signature;
Send the written communication to:
Grievance Redressal Officer
RE: Local Green Fees
Box 28001 Mahogany PO
Calgary, AB T3M 2P0
You may be subject to liability if you knowingly make any misrepresentations on a take-down notice.